Our multidisciplinary team will closely conduct a comprehensive evaluation and implement a treatment plan that may include:
- Biomechanical and musculoskeletal evaluation of the pelvis and lower back.
- Neuromuscular re-education.
- Vaginal and rectal myofascial relief techniques.
- Pelvic floor training with biofeedback and electrical stimulation.
- Education on pelvic floor function.
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises to help decrease the extent or frequency of urinary incontinence.
- Manual therapy for improving the pelvic floor and muscle tone surrounding it.
- Many medical techniques for enhancing muscle function and reducing discomfort.
Our specialists offer a wide range of rehabilitation services specifically designed for women’s health issues. Our services include:
Postpartum pain and weakness: On occasion, women experience increased pelvic pain or leg weakness following delivery. When this occurs, a physical therapist can provide muscle strengthening exercises, body mechanics education, help with walking properly (gait training) and assistive device training to help with mobility. Some patients may require stabilization aids such as an SI belt.
- Urinary incontinence
- Stress incontinence
Pre and Post-Natal Conditions: Lower back pain is that during breastfeeding as it brings extra weight and decreases posture. After your body undergoes the stress of childbirth, you may develop uncomfortable symptoms such as:
- Pelvic pain
Though a normal cycle, persistent pain can often be induced by scarring from a C-section or other incision locations. Physical therapy helps to identify and implement treatment for a variety of symptoms and conditions that can arise both during and after childbirth. Treatments include stretching and strengthening, and self-education for at-home exercises.
Our team for Women’s Health Rehab in Physio Rehab Care
When your doctor prescribes physical therapy, our friendly and welcoming staff at Physio Rehab Care can help you in scheduling an appointment at a time suitable to you. We will do everything we can to make your visit as easy and comfortable as possible. Our physical therapists are specifically qualified and accredited to treat women’s health problems, in particular the disorders of bladder control and the pelvic floor. Physio Rehab Care offers comprehensive medical expertise, the most advanced technologies and treatment techniques, and innovative care backed by research knowledge.