The cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program in Physio Rehab Care is designed for individuals who suffer from cardiac or pulmonary conditions. Our rehab programs offer patients customized lifestyle plans and management techniques, such as exercise, for better health and wellness when living with chronic cardiovascular disease.
Cardiac rehabilitation is a very important part of the recovery process after a heart-related surgery. This program provides individuals with an exercise plan, careful monitoring, and a solid base for an active lifestyle after a heart episode. The cardiac rehab program includes a variety of rehab components tailored to individual patient needs.
The cardiac rehabilitation program is designed for individuals who have one or more of the following:
- History of a heart attack.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Stable angina.
- Angioplasty stents.
- Heart valve replacement or repair.
- Heart and/or lung transplant.
- Chronic CHF.
The pulmonary rehabilitation program is designed for individuals who have one or more of the following:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Chronic Bronchitis.
- Pulmonary fibrosis.
What Does Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab Treatment Involve?
Our Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialists often meet the patients for the first time just after initial diagnosis or a health crisis, such as a heart attack. Once the patient has been stabilized, the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialist is called in for the diagnosis. Our treatment is based on your individual needs and diagnosis. Exercises are tailored to fit you and monitored within a safe environment.
Treatment plans often include:
- Making sure the patient understands their condition and their medical regimen.
- Explain when the patient can resume normal functions safely.
- Identify unique risk factors such as hypertension, smoking, poor diet, and overweight which may contribute to the health problems of the patient.
- Suggest interventions, including medical treatments and lifestyle changes, to reduce health risks.
- Educate and help the individual in making positive improvements, such as consuming healthy meals, avoiding smoking, and physical activity.
- Plan and track an acceptable workout routine customized to your needs.
Cardiopulmonary Rehab Team of Physio Rehab Care
Our team in Physio Rehab Care has an excellent cardiac and pulmonary services program which is designed to meet the needs of patients and family members during and after hospitalization or cardiac/pulmonary events. Living with a chronic heart condition or recovering from a cardiac event isn’t always easy. Our Cardiac rehabilitation team provides medically-monitored exercise treatments and caring professionals to help you rebuild confidence and live a normal life again.